Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Review: Home on the Range (Double S Ranch #2) by Ruth Logan Herne




Home On the Range is the second book from Ruth Logan Herne's series, Double S Ranch. This installment involves Colt Stafford's brother, Nick. He is still dealing with his ex-wife, Whitney, leaving their family three years earlier. Struggling being a single dad to his two little girls, he gets the help he needs from psychologist Dr. Elsa Andreas. Elsa, too, had her own struggles in the past and has to learn to trust herself and live again. Just when things were coming together, Whitney shows up, turning everyone's world upside down.

I absolutely love the first book of the series, Back in the Saddle, and could not wait to continue the series. Home On the Range did not disappoint! I was not sure if I really cared for Nick when I first was introduced to him and Back in the Saddle. He sure did grow on me! I sure love his sweet little girls. My heart just ache for them not having their mother, but admired Nick's courage and determination to be a good dad to them. They were so cute with Elsa and love the authors comedic references to the Disney movie, Frozen.

I truly enjoyed everything about this story. It is beautiful, tender, well written with some laugh out loud moments, and more importantly, a wonderful reminder it is never too late to forgive and move forward. Looking forward to the third book of the series.

5+ stars.

I received this book from Blogging for Books program. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.




Follow me on BloglovinFacebookPinterestTwitter, GFC or Email

No comments:

Post a Comment