Monday, June 12, 2017

Review: The Road to Paradise (Shadows of the Wilderness #1) by Karen Barnett





The Road to Paradise is the first book from Karen Barnett's Shadows of the Wilderness series. Set in 1927, Mount Rainier National Park in Washington state. Daughter of a senator, Margie Lane, takes a position at the park. There she meets park ranger, Ford Brannon, who is having doubts with his ability of filling his own position after his father died in a tragic accident. Ford and Margie team together to stop Margie's former love from developing a tourist attraction at the park. This leads them to more than they bargained for.

I thought The Road to Paradise to be a pretty good read. At first, I was not sure if I liked Margie or not. I guess I assumed her being a senator's daughter, she would be afraid of breaking a nail. That thought quickly faded when I realized how much she grew up and how strong she was. I loved Ford from the start and enjoyed how he, too, grew as a person through the book. There is a little suspense and mystery element to the story that made it easy to keep turning the pages and hard to put down.

I would give this book four and a half stars and I look forward to book 2 of the Shadows of the Wilderness series.

I received this book from the author, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.




Follow me on BloglovinFacebookPinterestTwitter, GFC or Email

No comments:

Post a Comment