Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Review: My Daughter's Legacy (Cousins of the Dove #3) by Mindy Starnes Clark / Leslie Gould




My Daughter's Legacy is the final book from the Cousins of the Dove series. In this installment, Therese is living in Confederate Virginia in 1864. She is fighting against her family over their beliefs of being slave owners. I was fascinated with this story and was hoping she was able to overcome everything she endured to do what was right.

Fast forwarding 150 years, brings the reader to recovering drug addict, Nicole, who is working at a horse therapy facility. I have personally volunteered at these facilities and know how well the horses can help heal. These scenes were definitely true to life and I enjoyed them. There is, also, a murder that needs to be solved, bringing some mystery and suspense to the story.


It was interesting how Therese and Nicole's stories evolved and I was not expecting how it all ended. This is most definitely the best book of the series.


4 stars.


I received this book from the publisher, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.



Follow me on BloglovinFacebookPinterestTwitter, GFC or Email

No comments:

Post a Comment