Monday, July 3, 2017

Review: The Sweet Smell of Magnolias and Memories by Celeste Fletcher McHale




The Sweet Smell of Magnolias and Memories is another keeper for me by Celeste Fletcher McHale. Jacey is shocked to see the man officiating her best friend's wedding to be Colin. She and Colin were trapped on a rooftop with another woman and her children during a horrific flood a year earlier. After being rescued, they were all separated and lost contact. Jacey had believed Colin to be the man of her dreams but just knew she would never see him again. That is, until she discovers him at the wedding!

The story is realistically written. The scenes where it is known that Jacey suffers from PTSD because of the disaster were spot on. I just cannot tell into words how much I love love love this book. I only intended to sit down a few minutes to start it, but did not get back up until I was done. I laughed and I cried so much throughout. Such a beautiful, sweet, inspiring, unique, refreshing and realistic read. I highly recommend this book!.

I do want to caution the Christian Fiction readers. Though the book is marketed as Christian Fiction, it does have some very mild language that some readers may find offensive.  

100 stars.

I received this book from the publisher, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.




Follow me on BloglovinFacebookPinterestTwitter, GFC or Email

No comments:

Post a Comment