Sunday, July 2, 2017

Review: The Tea Planter's Wife by Dinah Jefferies





The Tea Planter's Wife by Dinah Jefferies is set during the 1920s in Ceylon, which is now referred to as Sri Lanka. Gwen leaves the comfort of her home in London for Ceylon and marries a widowed and wealthy tea plantation owner, Laurence. Being in a totally new environment, surrounded by new people, dealing with a difficult sister-in-law, and a mysterious and secretive husband, she quickly realizes this life will not be like what she's used to. Will she ever be happy with this life?

I have to say I have completely conflicting thoughts about The Tea Planter's Wife. One minute I wanted to turn the page to see what is going to happen and the next minute I wonder if this story is ever going to end. There were times I felt like putting it down and not finishing the book. But I pushed myself to continue and am glad I did. The plot has mysterious and suspenseful elements to it, with secrets finally coming out in the very end. This makes the book worth reading but I wished many scenes were cut out to make the story flow better for me.

I would give this book 3 stars.

I received the book from the Blogging for Books program. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment