Friday, August 4, 2017

Review: The Promise of Breeze Hill (A Natchez Trace Novel) by Pam Hillman


Blurb (from Amazon):

Natchez, MS; 1791

Anxious for his brothers to join him on the rugged frontier along the Mississippi River, Connor O’Shea has no choice but to indenture himself as a carpenter in exchange for their passage from Ireland. But when he’s sold to Isabella Bartholomew of Breeze Hill Plantation, Connor fears he’ll repeat past mistakes and vows not to be tempted by the lovely lady.

The responsibilities of running Breeze Hill have fallen on Isabella’s shoulders after her brother was found dead in the swamps along the Natchez Trace and a suspicious fire devastated their crops, almost destroyed their home, and left her father seriously injured. Even with Connor’s help, Isabella fears she’ll lose her family’s plantation. Despite her growing feelings for the handsome Irish carpenter, she seriously considers accepting her wealthy and influential neighbor’s proposal of marriage.

Soon, though, Connor realizes someone is out to eliminate the Bartholomew family. Can he set aside his own feelings to keep Isabella safe?


My Review:

The Promise of Breeze Hill is a wonderful read. I am a huge fan of American historical fiction and I love that this book is set during the 1790s in Mississippi. I admire Connor and his determination to make sure his brothers in Ireland are able to join him. Isabella is not your typical plantation owner's daughter and I love how strong of a woman she is considering the times in history. I love this story, it is among my top favorites of the year and I highly recommend it.

100 stars.

I received this book from the author, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.




Follow me on BloglovinFacebookPinterestTwitter, GFC or Email

No comments:

Post a Comment