Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Review: The Unquiet Grave by Sharyn McCrumb





The Unquiet Grave is about the Greenbrier Ghost legend in West Virginia. The story tells about a ghost of a young woman, Zona Heaster Shue, who visits her mother and tells her how she had died. Mary Jane is determined to prove that Zona was murdered. She goes to town to tell the prosecutor that Zona ghost appear to her and knows she was murdered. Zona's body is then exhumed and everyone was shocked to find that Mary Jane was right!

The Unquiet Grave is one of the best books I have read in a long time. I have never heard of the Greenbrier Ghost before but I want to know more about it. I enjoyed how Sharyn McCrumb's vivid storytelling brings this legend to life. My heart aches for Mary Jane when her precious Zona died and was fascinated how she found the strength to go to the authorities to tell them about how Zona appeared to her. Which brought on a fascinating trial. How many trials in history that were brought on by ghost? I was completely caught off guard at the ending of the book and was especially interested by the Authors Notes. 

Great read!

100 stars. 

Even though I received this book from the publisher, I was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own opinion. I like this book so much, I plan to purchase a printed copy to put onto my keeper shelf. 



Follow me on BloglovinFacebookPinterestTwitter, GFC or Email

No comments:

Post a Comment