Thursday, April 5, 2018

Review: High Cotton by Debby Mayne



Blurb (from Amazon):

Some families are filled with so much love they can't help but drive each other crazy.

Shay Henke has mixed feelings about going to her family's next reunion. On the one hand, she'll get to see everyone in her mama's family--folks she loves unconditionally. On the other hand, she knows there'll be more drama than you can shake a stick at.

The days leading up to the event bring one surprise after another. First Shay must deal with her sister-in-law's deep, dark secret. Then she has to contend with the childish ways of her business-mogul twin cousins. And when her high school crush wants to be her date to the reunions . . . well, it may have been a dream come true for Shay's teen self, but the woman she's become doesn't know what to make of this.

Shay's contentment is challenged, and she's determined to shake things up a bit. But will she find the excitement she's looking for, or will Shay realize she prefers her quiet predictable life? One thing is certain: Life in the Bucklin family is never boring.




My Review:

High Cotton is a fun and delightful read. It is full relatable characters. They are connected to the Bucklin Family and the story is centered around their family reunion. I believe Puddin would have to be my favorite character. As a stay at home mom, I knew what she was going through on so many levels. There a variety of scenes that touched on my emotions. I giggled and I cried. It is just a down home, heartwarming read.

I give High Cotton 5 plus stars and I hope to read the next book in the series.

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.







Follow me on BloglovinFacebookPinterestTwitter, GFC, Etsy or Email

No comments:

Post a Comment