Book Details:
Book Title: The Wandering Stars by J.D. Rasch
Category: Adult Fiction 18 yrs +, 316 pages
Genre: Fantasy
Publisher: Lamina Press
Release date: October, 2026
Format available for review: print - softback (USA only) and ebook (EPUB, PDF, MOBI for Kindle) internationally
Content Rating: PG: No profanity. Occasional mentions of sex but nothing explicit.
Book Description:
When a sacred journey is corrupted by ambition, a quest for unity becomes a struggle for control
Seeking wisdom and communion with their god, a fellowship of wizards and wanderers sets out in search of the legendary Golden Tree. But as hardship, ambition, and doubt settle in, the group fractures—letting the wizard Thurmore violently seize control, transforming his fellow wizards into mindless servants and corrupting their search for wisdom into a pursuit of power.
Elsewhere, Alitheia—the Wanderer and one of the few to have found the Golden Tree—returns to the Silver Forest, only to discover another tree rising from a desolate plain. Joined by Rogi, a former wizard searching for meaning beyond power, she follows a path not toward dominion but understanding.
As Thurmore's influence spreads, two competing visions of the future emerge: one built on obedience and fear, the other on compassion and connection. The fate of the wandering stars—and all who follow them—hangs in the balance.
Philosophical and character-driven, The Wandering Stars is an epic fantasy adventure exploring ambition, redemption, and the enduring search for meaning.
BUY THE BOOK:
(pre-order now - release date: Oct 13)
AMAZON ~ BOOKSHOP.org
add to goodreads
Meet the Author:
JODY “J. D.” RASCH is a writer, artist, social activist, and author. His debut fantasy series, The Wanderer, incorporates social issues including politics, religion, science, and how we are influenced in our lives.
Jody is also a painter whose art explores the mysteries of our world. He worked in finance for many years but managed to use it for good by helping banks that give loans to the poor. Jody currently serves on not-for-profit boards that seek to make the world a better place.
A native New Yorker who was forced to move to the burbs, Jody now lives just outside New York City.
Connect with the author: website ~ instagram ~ goodreads
My Review:
The Wandering Stars is the first book I have read by the talented J D Rasch. It is, also, the third installment from their The Wanderer series. Although it is part of a series, I felt like I could gather enough information to enjoy this one. I am not a huge fan of fantasy fiction. However, I thought this one was pretty good. The details of the story made me intrigued and wanting to keep reading and feeling like I was part of the characters' world. I could see the important life lessons that many readers could learn from. I admired the characters determination, courage, and bravery all throughout the book. The tale was full of action, adventure, intrigue, and suspense. I thought it was a perfect mix. It was an honor to be able to take this journey and seeing how it would all end for everyone involved.
I am going to give The Wandering Stars four and a half stars. I believe fans of fantasy fiction will not want to miss out on reading it. I would love to go back and read the two previous books from J D Rasch's The Wanderer series, The Silver Forest and The Quasi-Crystal. I am curious to see where the author's imagination took their readers to prior.
I received a paperback copy of J D Rasch's The Wandering Stars from the publisher but was not required to write a positive review. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.



No comments:
Post a Comment