Thursday, February 23, 2023

Review: Daughter of Eden: Eve's Story by Jill Eileen Smith


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

The first time she opens her eyes, Eve gazes on One whose beauty nearly blinds her, whose breath is in her lungs. Her Creator takes her hand and gives her to one like her and yet different. Together, she and Adam experience pure joy as they explore Eden. But her favorite moments are when the Creator comes to walk with them, day after day.

Until everything changes. With one act of disobedience, Eve finds that her world is no longer a friendly place. With remorse in her heart, she must face the unknown future--the births, the deaths, the sacrifices, the loss of the one home she has ever known. Perhaps worst of all is the loss of trust, not only with her Creator but with the man who shares her life. How will they ever survive out of Eden?

Bestselling biblical fiction author Jill Eileen Smith imagines the life of the first woman to ever live, unspooling a story of love, loss, and the promise of redemption.



My Review:

I have loved Jill Eileen Smith’s books that bring admirable women from the Bible to life. I was excited to have the opportunity to read her newest release, Daughter of Eden: Eve's Story. I now have a new favorite book I have read of hers. I was instantly interested in seeing her vision of what Eve was like in those times. I loved the vivid details that made me feel as though I was part of Eve’s story. I thought it was great!

I am giving Daughter of Eden: Eve's Story a very well deserved five plus stars. I highly recommend it for readers and fans of Biblical Fiction. I am looking forward to see who else Jill Eileen Smith will publish a book on from the Bible.

I received a paperback copy of Daughter of Eden: Eve's Story from the author, but was not required to write a review nor a positive review. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment