Friday, October 4, 2024

Double Review: Sins of the Past / Tomorrow's Promise by Bethany Klassen

 

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

Matthew Ellison escapes his dangerous lifestyle to take refuge in the small town of Albury, Texas. Wanting only to forget his past and the pain associated with it, he settles into the community with hopes of a new beginning. But danger has a way of following him, and Matthew soon has to make a decision – leave town, or stay and protect it.

Emma Royce travels West with her brother after her heart is broken by the man she thought she loved. With a new home and new friends, she’s ready to start over. Before Emma has a chance to gain her footing, however, she has stumbled into a dark and puzzling mystery – the new stranger in Albury.


My Review: 

Sins of the Past is a fabulous debut for Bethany Klassen. I enjoyed reading this beautiful tale of love, the power of forgiveness, and inspiration. I loved getting to know the main characters, Matthew and Emma. It was great taking this journey with them and seeing how the story ends for them. It was full of adventure, faith, and suspense. I thought it was great way to spend a rainy afternoon.

I am giving Sins of the Past a very well deserved five plus stars. I highly recommend it for fans of clean historical fiction. I would love to read more from Bethany Klassen in the near future and see where she will take her readers to next.

I received a digital copy of Bethany Klassen's Sins of the Past from the publisher, but was not required to write a positive review. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.


View all my reviews




Blurb: 

Matthew Ellison thought he had left his life as a lawman far behind. But when tales surface of a killer on the loose near Albury, his experience and skill are once again put to the test. Can he earn back the townspeople’s trust while protecting those he has come to love?

Tucked out of sight on her father’s ranch, Hazel McKinney’s dreams of finding love seem to grow more distant every day. Then a chance encounter with a charming young preacher changes everything - tossing her between dreams of the future and the present stark reality.

Nathan Royce traveled West years ago to join his uncle in the ministry. Dedicated to serving the townspeople of Albury, Texas, he tackles the job with all its challenges and heartache. Then one day Nathan runs into an intriguing young woman with a faith that matches his own. Can he protect her when danger threatens their newfound friendship and possibly even her life?



My Review:

Tomorrow's Promise is the perfect sequel to Bethany Klassen's Sins of the Past. It was great travelling to Albury, Texas, catching up with Matthew, and meeting new friends, Nathan and Hazel. Their story was full of adventure, action, love, faith, and mystery. It was easy to keep reading and hard to put down until I was done reading the whole book in one sitting.

I going to give Tomorrow's Promise five stars. I have no doubt lovers of clean western fiction, will love it as much as me. I would love to see what other releases Bethany Klassen has in store for her fans and characters for years to come.

I received a digital copy of Bethany Klassen's Tomorrow's Promise from the author, but was not required to write a positive, nor a positive one. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment