Friday, February 16, 2024

Review: Embers in the London Sky by Sarah Sundin

 



Blurb: 

As the German army invades the Netherlands in 1940, Aleida van der Zee Martens escapes to London to wait out the Occupation. Separated from her three-year-old son, Theo, in the process, the young widow desperately searches for her little boy even as she works for an agency responsible for evacuating children to the countryside.

When German bombs set London ablaze, BBC radio correspondent Hugh Collingwood reports on the Blitz, eager to boost morale while walking the fine line between truth and censorship. But the Germans are not the only ones Londoners have to fear as a series of murders flame up amid the ashes.

The deaths hit close to home for Hugh, and Aleida needs his help to locate her missing son. As they work together, they grow closer and closer, both to each other and the answers they seek. But with bombs falling and continued killings, they may be running out of time.



My Review: 

Sarah Sundin is among my go to authors when it comes to second world war novels. I was excited to get my hands on her newest release, Embers in the London Sky. I was far from being disappointed. I loved the chemistry between Aleida and Hugh. Their story was not short on action and adventure. It was so fast paced, I did not want to put it down. It was great.
I would love to give Embers in the London Sky one hundred stars if I could. It has topped as my new favorite I have read by Sarah Sundin to date. I believe fans of historical fiction, particularly of World War II era, will love it as much as I did.
I received a paperback copy of Embers in the London Sky from the publisher, but was not required to write a positive review. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment