Saturday, February 24, 2024

Review: Suddenly Sadie Series by Joanne Bischof



My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Blurb:

A story where hope is found at all new heights.

Graduate from college. Get married and have children. These have always been checkpoints on Sadie’s map of life. But still single in her thirties, and weary of unmet expectations, she faces a crossroads:

Continue waiting for life to begin? Or rethink what those checkpoints should be?

Determined to find renewed purpose, Sadie deletes her old dating apps, opting instead for a trip to the outdoor adventure store in her small, Colorado town. The plan is simple: find a hobby that offers fresh challenges and experiences. New horizons to be explored. Even if it means facing some of her biggest fears, inside and out.

So begins the first adventure in the all-new chronicles of Sadie McGillis—one woman who strives to redefine what happiness should look like. From Christy-Award winning author, Joanne Bischof, comes a faith-journey of the heart. A novel where friendships are born, life is embraced, and joy is found in unexpected places.



My Review: 

I have always loved reading Joanne Bischof's historical fiction. She is among my favorite authors and was excited to see her branch out to contemporary. I was curious to see how her first book from her new the Suddenly Sadie series, Sadie on the Rocks, would be like. I was not disappoint. She has proven that she can tackle any era / decade / century with her writing. I enjoyed being introduced to Sadie, who is in her thirties and is single. I loved seeing her discovering herself, finding joy, and feeling empowered. I could see myself within Sadie. She inspired me so much.

Sadie on the Rocks will be getting a very well deserved five plus stars from me. I highly recommend it for readers who enjoy reading clean fiction full of faith and inspiration. I am looking forward to the next installment from the Suddenly Sadie series, Writer on the Wall.

I received a digital copy of Joanne Bischof's Sadie on the Rocks from the author, but was not required to write a review, nor a positive one. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews



My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

An uplifting series for women who come for the friendships and stay for the views. Ever since training for her first indoor rock climbing competition, writer and editor, Sadie McGillis has embraced a new love of the sport and the confidence of trying something new. And now that this Colorado book-lover is writing her first novel about these adventures on the wall, and in the single life—the pressure is on! So begins the second book in the Suddenly Sadie series, where a single woman continues her quest for joy. Along the way, she’ll discover new-found friends, unexpected challenges, a rugged and kind rock climbing instructor, and the faith to make sense of it all. A light-hearted inspirational read about overcoming our fears, and embracing the challenges God has placed before us. Both in life . . . and in the pages. A celebration of adventures for Christian single women, the Suddenly Sadie series is great for women of all ages and walks of life! Don’t miss book #1 “Sadie on the Rocks” -- where hope is found at all new heights.



My Review: 

I adored seeing Sadie embracing herself in the first book from Joanne Bischof's Suddenly Sadie series and was excited to have the opportunity to read the second installment, Writer on the Wall. It was great catching up to see where she was now and what she was up to. I love how she was tested and witnessing how she was able to overcome her fears and challenges she faced. I was inspired and gave me a wonderful reminder that God is always there for me.
I would love to give Writer on the Wall one hundred stars if I could. I believe readers and fans of clean contemporary woman's fiction will not want to miss reading it. I am hoping there be more Sadie adventure to come from the Suddenly Sadie series.
I received a digital copy of Joanne Bischof's Writer on the Wall from the publisher, but was not required to write a review, nor a positive one. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment