Monday, May 22, 2017

Review: Jefferson's America: The President, The Purchase, and The Explorers Who Transformed a Nation by Julie M Fenster





Jefferson's America: The President, The Purchase, and The Explorers Who Transformed a Nation is an interesting read. It tells the story about the discovery, exploration, and consequences of the Louisiana Purchase. I learned more about the Louisiana Purchase than I had known before. I had no idea that Thomas Jefferson and America were facing war with Spain because of this major purchase for our country in history. I was fascinated by the events. The information was a little overwhelming at times, making me a little bored and needing to put the book down for a bit. My favorite part of the whole book was the end where it tells what happened to the major known explorers after they came back home, such as, William Clark, Meriwether Lewis, and Sacajawea.

I would recommend this book for those who enjoy nonfiction about American history.

Four stars

I received this book from Blogging for Books program. I was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.



Follow me on BloglovinFacebookPinterestTwitter, GFC or Email

No comments:

Post a Comment