Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Review: Fraying at the Edge (The Amish of Summer Grove #2) by Cindy Woodsmall


Blurb (from Amazon):

The Old Order Amish life Ariana Brenneman loved vanished virtually overnight with the discovery that she was switched at birth twenty years ago. Now she’s immersed in the Englischer world, getting to know her mother and under the authority of her biological father, an atheist intellectual with resolute plans to expand Ariana’s worldview. Only Quill Schlabach, a childhood friend living Englisch, can steady the tilting ground between Ariana’s two worlds, but can she trust him after so many betrayals?

At the same time, Skylar Nash is forced to choose rehab or spend several months with her true relatives, the large Brenneman family and their seemingly backward life—no electricity, no technology, no fun. What the young woman can’t leave behind is her addiction to illegal prescription drugs and a deep emptiness from the belief that she doesn’t belong in either family.

New ties are binding Ariana and Skylar to the lives they were meant to have. Can they find the wisdom and strength they’ll need to follow God’s threads into unexpected futures?



My Review:

Fraying at the Edge is book two from Cindy Woodsmall's The Amish of Summer Grove series. I want to warn the reader that it would be best to read Ties That Bind first. I think it may be confusing if it has not been read yet.

Fraying at the Edge is a wonderful sequel and I was happy to catch up with the characters. I have always loved Ari and now Skyler has started to grow on me. The two women were thrown into unknown worlds and certainly had their struggles adjusting. Which is the main focus of this book. The ending had quite a cliffhanger that I did not expect at all. I cannot wait to pick up the next book in the series, Gathering of the Threads, to see what happens next.

Highly recommended.

 100 stars.

 This book came from my own personal collection. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.



Follow me on BloglovinFacebookPinterestTwitter, GFC or Email

No comments:

Post a Comment