Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Review: The Promise of a Letter (Amish Letter #2) by Kathleen Fuller




The Promise of a Letter is the fabulous second installment from the Amish Letter series. Roman has left his Amish home and has been thinking about going English. However, he receives word that his grandmother has passed away. She has left him a letter with her dying wish for Roman to come back home to Birch Creek and find a way to reconcile with his brother, Daniel. Reluctantly, he goes and hopes he will not be there for long. Daniel's female employee, Leanna, is not what most would think of when they think of a young Amish woman. She does find herself among the gossip and untrue rumors from the community because of her unconventional ways. When tragedy strikes, Roman and Leanna are forced to work with one another and find themselves at odds. Will this drive Roman further away from his Amish faith or will it keep him in Birch Creek forever?

I loved The Promise of a Letter. I was not sure what I thought of the main characters, Roman and Leanna, at first. Leanna is not the average Amish woman I am used to reading about in Amish Fiction. But I did come to love her and found it to be quite refreshing to find a unique character like her. Roman grew, too, grew on me quickly once I started to get to know him. The two learned important lessons: Forgiveness, Redemption, and Faith. Just a beautiful story with several scenes that brought tears to my eyes. I cannot wait to read the third book in the series.


Highly recommended.


5 plus stars.


I received this book from the publisher, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.





Follow me on BloglovinFacebookPinterestTwitter, GFC or Email

No comments:

Post a Comment