Sunday, May 28, 2023

Review: Counter Attack by Patricia Bradley


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Blurb: 

No sooner has Alexis Stone been sworn in as the interim sheriff for Russell County, Tennessee, when a serial killer dubbed the Queen's Gambit Killer strikes again--this time in her hometown. Pearl Springs is just supposed to be a temporary stop along the way to Alex's real dream: becoming the first female police chief of Chattanooga. But the killer's calling card--a white pawn and a note with a chess move printed on it--cannot be ignored.

Pearl Springs chief of police Nathan Landry can't believe that his high school sweetheart Alexis (he refuses to call her Alex) is back in town, and he can't help wanting to protect the woman he never stopped loving. But as the danger mounts and the killer closes in, can Nathan come through on the promises he makes to himself to bring a killer to justice before it's too late.



My Review: 

Counter Attack is the beginning of Patricia Bradley's Pearl River series. Patricia Bradley has really started this series off with a bang. I enjoyed traveling to Pearl Springs and meeting Alexis and Nathan. I found those to be a fabulous team trying to solve who is the serial killer in town. It was not easy to predict, with a lot of twists and turns, and forcing me to continue to read until the very last page. This is now my new favorite I have read by this author.

I am giving Counter Attack five stars. I believe fans and loves of clean suspense filled fiction will definitely want to pick it up and experience for themselves how wonderful it is. I can not wait to see what happens next in the Pearl River series.

I received a paperback copy of Counter Attack from the publisher, but was not required to write a positive review. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment