Thursday, May 4, 2023

Review: The Long March Home: A World War II Novel by Marcus Brotherton and Tosca Lee



My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Blurb:


Jimmy Propfield joined the army for two reasons: to get out of Mobile, Alabama, with his best friends Hank and Billy and to forget his high school sweetheart, Claire.

Life in the Philippines seems like paradise--until the morning of December 8, 1941, when news comes from Manila: the Japanese have bombed Pearl Harbor. Within hours, the teenage friends are plunged into war as Japanese warplanes attack Luzon, beginning a battle for control of the Pacific Theater that will culminate with a last stand on the Bataan Peninsula and end with the largest surrender of American troops in history.

What follows will become known as one of the worst atrocities in modern warfare: the Bataan Death March. With no hope of rescue, the three friends vow to make it back home together. But the ordeal is only the beginning of their nearly four-year fight to survive.


Inspired by true stories, The Long March Home is a gripping coming-of-age tale of friendship, sacrifice, and the power of unrelenting hope.




My Review:


The Long March Home: A World War II Novel of the Pacific is a fabulous read. I have not read too many World War II novels that cover the Pacific side of the war. I was fascinated with the story. The historical details were so vivid, I felt like I was right there within the action. I loved Hank, Jimmy, and Bill‘s story.
I am giving The Long March Home: A World War II Novel of the Pacific a very well deserved five plus stars. I believe fans and lovers of historical fiction, particularly those from the second world war, will definitely want to snatch this one up.
I received a hard cover copy of The Long March Home: A World War II Novel of the Pacific from the publisher, but was not required to write a positive review. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment