Monday, June 21, 2021

Review: The Heart's Charge by Karen Witemeyer


Blurb: 

Members of Hanger's Horsemen, Mark Wallace and Jonah Brooks arrive in Llano County, Texas, to deliver a steed, never expecting they'd deliver a baby as well. Left with an infant to care for, they head to a nearby foundling home, where Mark encounters the woman he'd nearly married a decade ago.

After failing at love, Katherine Palmer dedicated her life to caring for children, teaming up with Eliza Southerland to start Harmony House. From mixed ancestry, illegitimate, and female, Eliza understands the pain of not fitting society's mold. Yet those are the very attributes that lead her to minister to outcast children. The taciturn Jonah intrigues her with his courage and kindness, but there are secrets behind his eyes--ghosts from wars past and others still being waged.

However, when a handful of urchin children from the area go missing, a pair of Horsemen are exactly what the women need. Working together to find the children, will these two couples find love as well?



My Review: 

I thoroughly enjoyed the first installment from Karen Witemeyer’s Hanger’s Horsemen series, At Love's Command. I was really excited to have the opportunity to read the next book, The Heart's Charge. It was far from disappointing. It was exactly what I would expect from this author. It was so fun and entertaining. I love that there were two romances going on here with Mark, Jonah, Katherine, and Eliza. There was some light mystery and suspense, as well as, some laugh out loud humor. It was great!

I am giving The Heart's Charge a very well deserved five plus stars. I highly recommend it for readers who enjoy reading clean historical romance. I can not wait to get my hands on the next book from the Hanger’s Horsemen series.

I received a paperback copy of The Heart's Charge from the author, but was not required to write a review. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment