Friday, March 4, 2022

Review: The Lady of Galway Manor by Jennifer Deibel


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

In 1920, Annabeth De Lacy's father is appointed landlord of Galway Parish in Ireland. Bored without all the trappings of the British Court, Annabeth convinces her father to arrange an apprenticeship for her with the Jennings family--descendants of the creator of the famed Claddagh Ring.

Stephen Jennings longs to do anything other than run his family's jewelry shop. Having had his heart broken, he no longer believes in love and is weary of peddling the ÒliesÓ the Claddagh Ring promises.

Meanwhile, as the war for Irish independence gains strength, many locals resent the De Lacys and decide to take things into their own hands to display their displeasure. As events take a dangerous turn for Annabeth and her family, she and Stephen begin to see that perhaps the "other side" isn't quite as barbaric and uncultured as they'd been led to believe--and that the bonds of friendship, love, and loyalty are only made stronger when put through the refiner's fire.

Travel to the Emerald Isle for another poignant and romantic story from the enchanted pen of Jennifer Deibel.



My Review: 

I have always had the pleasure of reading books by Jennifer Deibel in the past. I was excited to get my hands on her newest release, The Lady of Galway Manor. I was not disappointed. I enjoyed going back in time to 1920 at the Irish Galway Parish. I have always been fascinated with the Claddagh design and was delighted that it part of the story. I admired Annabeth’s strength and courage. I loved it when she meets up with Stephen and thought they had great chemistry. The danger involving the Irish independence kept me on the edge of my seat. My grandmother grew up in Ireland during that time, so the history of those times had me intrigued.

I am giving The Lady of Galway Manor five stars. I have no doubt that lovers of clean historical romance will love this one as much as I did.

I received a paperback copy of The Lady of Galway Manor from the publisher, but was not required to write a positive review. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment