Sunday, March 20, 2022

Review: The Sugarcreek Surprise by Wanda E Brunstetter


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

Tragically losing her parents as a child, Lisa Miller has grown up afraid of loving and losing.  She dedicates herself to working as a teacher in an Amish schoolhouse and helping the grandparents who raised her, all while avoiding the advances of newcomer Paul Herchberger.  Paul enjoys antiques and meets Orley Troyer while looking for unique old milk bottles in yard sales.  Orley and his wife offer prayers and advice as Paul tries to reach Lisa's closed heart.  But when secrets are revealed, will Lisa use them as an excuse to close herself off again?



My Review: 

I enjoyed the first book from Wanda E Brunstetter’s Creektown Discoveries, The Walnut Creek Wish. I was excited to have the opportunity to read the second installment, The Sugarcreek Surprise. It was great meeting up with Orley and Lois Troyer again. This time round they offer their help for Lisa and Paul. They are two broken souls who need to overcome tragic events. I thought Orley and Lois give some inspirational advice that is full of faith that so many of us could use in our own lives.

The Sugarcreek Surprise is getting a very well deserved five plus stars. I highly recommend it for readers who enjoy reading clean Amish Romance. I will be eagerly waiting for the third book from the Creektown Discoveries, The Apple Creek Announcement. I can not wait to get my hands on it.

I received a copy of The Sugarcreek Surprise from the publisher, but was not required to write a positive review. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment