Monday, September 4, 2023

Review: A Hope and a Prayer by Julie Lessman

 


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

She’s in love with her best friend.

He’s in love with her cousin.

But when the war reveals a gift so rare, will they be saved by a hope and a prayer?


As Head Nurse at 2d Hospital in Nancy, France, Lieutenant Hope Dennehy is known for her healing touch, especially when it comes to mending the wounds and spirit of her best friend, Lieutenant Bren O’Neill. When Hope’s cousin breaks Bren’s heart, Hope is always there, helping to heal him with a friendship so anointed and deep, it threatens to break her heart too.

Flying high as a daredevil aeromedical evac pilot in the European Theatre, “Lieutenant Love” O’Neill crashes and burns when the woman he loves falls for another. Depending on the support and prayers of Nurse Hope Dennehy to save him, Bren re-evaluates his free-wheeling lifestyle when he witnesses the heinous atrocities of the Buchenwald concentration camp. Suddenly nothing in life is as important as taking care of those he loves … or is it? Battling demons from his past, Bren learns that only one thing can truly save him from himself.



My Review: 

I adored the beginning of Julie Lessman’s The Cousins O’Connor series, A Wing and a Prayer, and could not wait to dive into the next addition, A Hope and a Prayer. I enjoyed it so much and spending time with Hope and Bren. I loved seeing the beauty of love, faith, power of forgiveness, and finding yourself. It was one that would make me smile on one page and tear up on another. What a wonderful story!

I am giving A Hope and a Prayer five stars. I highly recommend it for readers who love to read clean World War II era fiction with strong female characters. I will be on the look out for the next release from The Cousins O’Connor series, A Dare and a Prayer.

I received a digital copy of Julie Lessman’s A Hope and a Prayer from the author, but was not required to write a review, nor a positive one. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment