Monday, May 20, 2024

Review: Jack and I by Laury A Egan

 

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

A psychological suspense novel about two teenage boys. The twist? They're both named Jack and both inhabit the same body. "Mostly I was relieved to put some distance between Jack and myself, although this wasn't possible because I am Jack, too. And sort of not Jack. I am I, or rather, I am me."1994. Jack Kennett is 16 and suffers from undiagnosed Dissociative Identity Disorder (Multiple Personality Disorder). Abandoned at age two, Jack has been in the New Jersey care system all his foster homes and once placed for adoption with the Kennetts, a family he adored, especially their daughter, Cara. As the divisive war between the two personalities escalates, Jack (the host) is in despair and feeling powerless as he experiences amnesiac events and must deal with his alter's promiscuity, truancy, and illegal acts. How will the war between the personalities end?



My Review: 

Jack & I is another fabulous book written by the talented Laury A Egan. It is one that makes a reader really think. It is full of mystery and suspense. It was interesting to learn more about different mental health disorders. I thought the author did a great job at writing a unique plot, fascinating characters, and one with unpredictable twists. There were a few scenes that had me wondering what was going on and leaving me a little perplexed until a few pages later. I loved reading it.
I am giving Jack & I five stars. I highly recommend it for readers who enjoy reading suspenseful novels. I would love to read more books from Laury A Egan in the future.
I received a digital copy of Laury A Egan's Jack & I but was not required to write a review, nor a positive one. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment