Monday, May 13, 2024

Review: Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa

Book Details:


​Book Title:  PURSUIT OF INNOCENCE by Bethany Rosa
Category:  Adult Fiction (18+),  315 pages
Genre: Romance
PublisherGallatin Publishing
Release date:  March 2024
Content Rating:  R: Bad language and explicit sex scenes.

"Adeptly written and featuring many noteworthy elements—brisk pacing, intricate storyline, incendiary sex scenes, etc."—Blueink Review

"Gripping coming-of-age romance that explores desire, self-discovery with realistic and relatable characters. A compelling and exciting drama that leaves readers yearning for more."—Readers Choice

Book Description:

“I’m done waiting around. You’re mine. No more games or pining
over someone else when it’s me you want. You won’t remember
his name after I get through with you.”

Lily knows exactly what she wants in life. To graduate, land a high-paying job, and forge her own way. Nothing will distract her. Until the ultimate playboy, billionaire Sebastian Dubree, barges in. Not to be overlooked, Lily’s longtime crush, Jackson, decides she’s worth the fight.

Reluctant to succumb to either, she quickly becomes a challenge to conquer. Lily must decide between the familiarity of her childhood longing or the newly discovered passion ignited by the dominant CEO. But can she surrender without losing herself in the process, or will someone take matters into his own hands?

​Boundaries blur between desire and resistance in this gripping coming-of-age romance, leaving readers yearning for more.
BUY THE BOOK:
Amazon ~ B&N
Bookbub
​add to goodreads
Author Bethany Rosa
Meet the Author:

Bethany Rosa raised four amazing daughters before fulfilling her dream to become a writer. Her goal is to ignite passion in readers through her erotically charged stories. When not immersed in writing, Bethany finds joy in life traveling the world alongside her husband of 25 years. Home is divided between the mountains of Montana and the Arizona sunshine.

connect with the author: website facebook instagram bookbub goodreads

My Review:
Pursuit of Innocence is the debut for new author, Bethany Rosa. She has written a good romance for the main character, Lily. I do enjoy a good romance and this one does not disappoint. Even though, I am not a huge fan of sexually explicit scenes, I chose to skim over the ones within this book. So glad I continued to keep on reading and not let those parts of the book deter me. I did like the plot of the story, which was engaging and intriguing. The chemistry of the characters was undeniable. Lily is somewhat of a complex character that is faced with finding herself. I felt a little ticked at her at times, as she did not seem to have a clue what she was doing. She could be confusing to me. There are a few twists and turns she was involved that I would not have predicted. I was surprised with the sudden and unexpected suspense that kept me wondering what was going to happen and how Lily would deal with it. 
I am giving Pursuit of Innocence three and a half stars. I believe readers who enjoy reading romance that are  explicit, hot and spicy will want to give this one a try. I have no doubt they would become new fans for author, Bethany Rosa. 
I received a paperback copy of Bethany Rosa's Pursuit of Innocence from the publisher, but was not required to write a positive review. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment