Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Book Tour and Guest Post: A Carrows Murder by Annabelle Lewis

 



Book Details:

​Book Title: A Carrows Murder (The Carrows Family Chronicles, Book 10) by Annabelle Lewis
Category:  Adult Fiction 18+, 286 pages
GenreMystery/Crime/Romance/Humor
Publisher:  PePe Press
Release Date: June 2024

Content Rating:  PG13 +M: My book has cursing. The f-bomb. Sexual flirting but closed-door action. 

A Note from Annabelle Lewis:

Welcome to the latest installment of The Carrows Family Chronicles. Don't let the words Book 10 scare you! Dive into the adventure without the need for exhaustive backstory, as each page unfolds with its own excitement, color, and twists. While my characters’ pasts enrich their present journeys, rest assured that you can fully immerse yourself in this standalone tale. Prepare to be swept away by the twists, turns, fashion, humor and discoveries awaiting you within these pages.

Book Description:

A Crafty Plan. A Healing Sojourn. A Deadly Twister.

Royal Dutton, close friend and stylist for Charles and Angelica Carrows, has a broken heart and he’s falling to bits. Disturbed by Royal’s escalating depression and dangerous choices, the London-based Carrows family decide to distract Royal with a vacation to an English castle on the dazzling eastern shores of Yorkshire, Britain.

Well-intentioned, they plan a murder mystery using the villagers near the castle as characters who will each play a role in convincing the unsuspecting Royal that there is a murder to be solved for a real-life person.

It should have been fun.

But there are unforeseen consequences. The small town of Boswell Crag and its eccentric villagers will never be the same.

​And someone . . . will not survive.
Buy The Book:
Amazon
add to goodreads
Meet the Author:

Annabelle Lewis—a pseudonym—is a Minneapolis-based, multi-genre writer, dog lover, incredible mom, and champion of the screwed over. In addition to her touching, yet oddly scathing blog posted on her website, she’s published two exciting fictional series.

The Carrows Family Chronicles are humorous and vengeful caper novels. If you’re interested in a light romp about a family of well-dressed billionaires serving yummy revenge to a string of unsuspecting bad guys who have it coming, look no further.

The second series—The Boston Clairvoyants—is also a set of good versus evil stories. These psychic mystery/thrillers have been edited so they could be read as stand-alones, but as Glinda the Good Witch says – “It’s always best to start at the beginning.” The books have a supernatural hierarchy, a wee bit of romance and mythology, and a solid sense of humor. Lovers of dogs and Dean Koontz fans will adore these books.

Annabelle typically sends out two newsletters a month—so she promises not to annoy her subscribers too much. They typically contain feverish reviews on the latest stuff she is watching or reading, links to book giveaways, contests to win a signed paperback, and book browsing for other author’s work.

​Oh, and a warning. Annabelle loves to curse. And there is cursing in her books and her blogs . . . because she’s gotta keep it real.


Connect with the Author Website ~ X/Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pinterest ~Instagram ~ Bookbub ~ Goodreads
Guest Post:

Can you give us some anecdotal information about the setting for your book and how you built your world for A Carrows Murder?

This was such a fun book to write! My idea was to take a murder mystery game and blow it up into something on a grander stage – an expensive job that the unstoppable Carrows family could pull off with style, setting a tone for sophistication and intrigue. 

A Carrows Murder primarily takes place in the atmospheric setting of an English castle. Boom. The fun began for me right there. Let the research on castles begin! The town of Boswell Crag is fictitious too, but I based it on the real city of Robin Hood’s Bay in Yorkshire and placed the castle on moors looking down upon the village. 

I then put on my casting agent’s hat for eccentric players. I ended up with a huge corkboard with the name of each villager describing their real-life story under which went different colored Post-its for their fictitious storyline assigned to them for their role in the murder mystery. It was a lot to keep track of, but I love it when everything clicks into place. 

Since the book takes place in England, I hired a beta reader who actually lived in Britain to read it. I was lucky I found her. Not only did she love the book, but she felt my research into the feel of an English village was pretty darn good. She had a few suggestions though. Like the recipe I chose for sticky toffee pudding. And the fact that pumpkin pie wasn’t all that common. We went with apple. I had also mentioned in the book that Yorkshire was ‘near Scotland’ – and that didn’t work as it was equally close to Wales and Southern England. Geographical accuracy and culinary nuances aside, worldbuilding is a delightful part of writing a story. Research, feedback, and attention to detail enrich the storytelling experience, ensuring readers are transported into a meticulously crafted fictional universe. Enjoy!  



My Review: 
I have had the pleasure of reading books from Annabelle Lewis. However, I have not been introduced to her The Carrows Family Chronicles series until I received a copy of the tenth installment, A Carrows Murder. Even though it is part of a series and I have not had the chance to reading the previous books, I found this one could easily be read as a stand alone. 
A Carrows Murder is by far my new favorite I have read by Annabelle Lewis. The mystery of the story was so full of twists and turns that my had was often left spinning. I never knew what could possible happen next. So many surprises I could have never predicted from scene to scene. I found the novel to be full of intrigue, adventure, action, and suspense. It was an honor to take this journey with the characters. I found it to be an overall fascinating and delightful book to read for me.
A Carrows Murder will be getting a very well deserved five plus stars from me. I highly recommend it for readers who enjoy immersing themselves in an entertaining murder mystery. I would love love love to read the other books from The Carrows Family Chronicles series and seeing what Annabelle Lewis had up her sleeve for those stories. 
I received a paperback copy of Annabelle Lewis' A Carrows Murder from the publisher, but was not required to write a positive review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful review, Amy! It’s so fun to write these Carrows books. With the unlimited resources of wealth and the willingness to break a few rules (and laws 😊) my good-deed-doing family of billionaires also has a lot of fun in these dramadies and gets the job done. Sometimes, though, things go awry. But that can be interesting too! I truly appreciate you taking the time read my book and spread the word. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the wonderful review, Amy! It’s so fun to write these Carrows books. With the unlimited resources of wealth and the willingness to break a few rules (and laws 😊) my good-deed-doing family of billionaires also has a lot of fun in these dramadies and gets the job done. Sometimes, though, things go awry. But that can be interesting too! I truly appreciate you taking the time to spread the word. ❤

    ReplyDelete