Thursday, August 22, 2024

Review: The Protector by Wanda E Brunstetter

 


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Blurb: 

A Mysterious Disappearance Shakes an Amish Family’s Faith In book one of A Mifflin County Mystery series, Rosa Petersheim has disappeared from the Big Valley without a trace. Norman always considered himself his sister’s protector and can’t believe she would have left home of her own accord—so he must have failed her. He throws all he has into helping the authorities search for Rosa, while trying to support his parents and siblings who are struggling both mentally and physically. Salina Swarey loves Norman and hopes they are headed towards marriage, but his obsession with Rosa’s whereabouts is driving them apart. Can Norman find a place of peace and contentment if he never learns where Rosa is?  



My Review: 

I have always enjoyed reading Wanda E Brunstetter's books and was excited to get my hands on her newest release, The Protector. It starts off the Mifflin County Mystery series. I was instantly intrigued with this story. I wondered what could have happened with Rosa and seeing how concerned everyone involved. Her brother, Norman, is so obsessed with finding out what led to her disappearance that it affected his own life. I thought this was a great story to read that kept me engaged from start to finish.

I am giving The Protector five stars. I believe fans of Amish Fiction and mysteries will want to pick this one up. It is definitely worth a read and I look forward to seeing what will be uncovered with Rosa's disappearance and catching up with those of her community in the second installment of the Mifflin County Mystery series, The Peacemaker.

I received a paperback copy of Wanda E Brunstetter's The Protector from the publisher, but was not required to write a positive review. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment