Monday, April 10, 2017

Review: Back in the Saddle (Double S Ranch #1) by Ruth Logan Herne





Back in the Saddle is book one from the Double S Ranch series by Ruth Logan Herne. Ex cowboy Colt Stafford returns home to his family’s ranch, Double S Ranch, in Gray’s Glen, Washington, after his career on Wall Street in Manhattan does not work out as he had hoped. He finds some new surprises at the ranch upon his return to the ranch – his father, Sam, is not doing well; he meets the new housekeeper, Angeline, who is a beautiful, gun toting and secretive woman; his brother, Nick, is not happy with older brother’s return. Will these surprises make him run far away from the ranch or will new promises on Wall Street make him run back to Manhattan.

Back in the Saddle is the first book I have read by Ruth Logan Herne. I kept thinking this book would be what a modern day story by Mary Connealy would be like. I found myself laughing out loud in several scenes, including within the first few pages, which caught my interest instantly. Angeline was probably my favorite character. I just loved her strength as a woman and loved her scenes with Colt. They both needed find themselves and figure out where they belong.

I enjoyed this book and look forward to more by this author and cannot wait to the next installment in the Double S Ranch series.

4 ½ stars


I received this book from the Blogging for Books program. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.



Follow me on BloglovinFacebookPinterestTwitter, GFC or Email.



2 comments:

  1. Amy, I'm so glad you enjoyed Back in the Saddle... I've had such a wonderful time writing this series. I love westerns! And I love Mary Connealy. I love her work, her stories and you know how the heroine in Swept Away was named Ruthy???? :)

    Thank you for offering to review this delightful story and for your kind words.... wishing you a blessed and beautiful Easter.

    Ruthy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How so cool! Swept Away was my first intro to Mary's work. Thank you, Ruth, for stopping by!

      Delete