Friday, April 28, 2017

Review: To the Farthest Shores by Elizabeth Camden






To the Farthest Shores starts off in 1898 at Presidio Army Base, San Francisco California. Nurse Jenny and Naval Officer Ryan are in love. Life could not get better for Jenny. She was then devastated when Ryan leaves with no explanation. Six years later, he returns and Jenny wants answers. How can he explain without putting other lives in danger?

I thought To the Farthest Shores was a good read. The historical parts are rich and detailed. All of the characters had their own secrets and past they need to deal with. I really liked Ryan from the beginning, especially after I learn what kind of person he became. However, Jenny was not a character I liked much until the end. She came off as desperate with stalker qualities when Ryan returned. Her actions were quite irritating. I felt like slamming the door in her face for Ryan at times. Thank goodness, she finally grew on me when the past secrets started coming out and she began to forgive and heal. With the lessons learned at the end I do think the book is worth a read. 

3 1/2 stars. 

I received this book from a friend through Kindle loan. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.



Follow me on BloglovinFacebookPinterestTwitter, GFC or Email.

No comments:

Post a Comment