Monday, April 3, 2017

Review: Christmas with Kathleen's Fabric Locker Hooking by Kathleen Carpenter

A couple weeks ago, I posted about What IS Locker Hooking? Today, I want to post about one of my favorite books about locker hooking.






Christmas with Kathleen's Fabric Locker Hooking by Kathleen Carpenter is in my opinion a must to include to any locking hooker's collection. The author includes a section about what tools are needed to get started with easy-to-read explanations and helpful hints. There are three pages of easy to follow instructions on how to begin any project. The 14 locker hooking Christmas projects follow on the next 40 pages. The variety of projects include rugs, wall hangings, stockings, table runners, and candle/mug covers. Each project is accompanied by vibrant and colorful pictures, charts and instructions.

I have worked most of these projects on my own. I could not believe how quick and uncomplicated they were to make. I love that I was able to make some beautiful decorations to hang in my own home at Christmas time. 

Here are some of the examples that I had made from the projects featured in the book:



Nativity Scene (20x15)



Hope (19x8), Peace (23x8), and Joy (16x8)



Anyone who wants to give locker hooking a try, should pick this book up and start making their own beautiful Christmas decorations.

Who's ready to start locker hooking now?







Follow me on BloglovinFacebookPinterestTwitter, GFC or Email

No comments:

Post a Comment