Friday, April 7, 2017

Review: Full: Food, Jesus, and the Battle for Satisfaction by Asheritah Ciuciu




Full: Food, Jesus, and the Battle for Satisfaction is not your normal normal diet book. Instead of trying to figure out the reason of over eating and lack of self control, it is actually about having a more satisfying relationship with Christ. The author shares about her own experience with dieting and her discovery of freeing herself from being fixated with food and having more of a healthier relationship with Jesus.

The book is broken down into four parts with three chapters in each part. The part include:
Getting Real About Our Food Problem
Awakening Desire for God
Experiencing Everyday Fullness
Living the Full Life

Each chapter has a section called "Digest the Truth" which has thought-provoking questions a reader can respond to. There is, also, Bonus Online Content at the end of each chapter that directs a reader to various online content, such as: videos, a downloadable prayer journal, devotionals, printables, charts, plans, etc. Within several chapters, other readers share their story about their own struggles.

I did enjoy this book. It gave me a lot to think about with my own obsessions and addictions with food. I plan on reading it again and spending more time following along with the bonus online content.

Highly recommended for those who have obsessions with weight and dieting.

Five stars

I received this book as a gift from a friend and I chose to write my own honest review on my own.





Follow me on BloglovinFacebookPinterestTwitter, GFC or Email.

No comments:

Post a Comment