Friday, January 12, 2018

Review: Plantagenet Embers by Samantha Wilcoxson

Plantagenet Princess, Tudor Queen:
The Story of Elizabeth of York

Blurb (from Amazon):

She was the mother of Henry VIII and wife of Henry VII, but who was Elizabeth of York? Raised as the precious oldest child of Edward IV, Elizabeth had every reason to expect a bright future until Edward died, and her life fell apart.

When Elizabeth's uncle became Richard III, she was forced to choose sides. Should she trust her father's brother and most loyal supporter or honor the betrothal that her mother has made for her to her family's enemy, Henry Tudor?

The choice was made for her on the field at Bosworth, and Elizabeth the Plantagenet princess became the first Tudor queen.

Did Elizabeth find happiness with Henry? Did she ever discover the truth about her missing brothers, who became better known as the Princes in the Tower?

Lose yourself in Elizabeth's world in Plantagenet Princess, Tudor Queen.

Selected as an Editor's Choice by the Historical Novel Society and long-listed for the 2016 HNS Indie Award.


My Review: 

Plantagenet Princess, Tudor Queen: The Story Elizabeth of York is my introduction to Samantha Wilcoxson and her work. I loved reading Elizabeth’s story and the author’s vivid details and descriptions of the people, setting and time period. It is obvious she did her research. I enjoyed seeing how Elizabeth lived in that turmoil she went through.

Plantagenet Princess, Tudor Queen is one of my favorite Tudor era books I have read. I look forward to more by this author in the future.

Highly recommended.

5+ stars.

I purchased this book directly from the author and was not required to write a review. This review is 100 percent my own honest opinion.



Faithful Traitor: The story of Margaret Pole

Blurb (from Amazon):

Margaret Pole is no stranger to fortune's wheel. From her childhood as firstborn of the heir apparent of England, she was brought low as the daughter of a traitor. After years of turmoil as the Tudor dynasty made its roots, Margaret finds favor with her cousin, King Henry VIII.

Will the remnant of the York dynasty thrive under this tempestuous king or will Margaret discover that there is a price to pay for having an excess of royal blood?


Samantha Wilcoxson is the author of Plantagenet Princess, Tudor Queen. This retelling of the life of Elizabeth of York has been recognized as an Editors’ Choice by the Historical Novel Society and is an Amazon best seller in biographical fiction.

Step into Tudor England....


My Review:

Faithful Traitor: The Story of Margaret Pole is the second installment from Samantha Wilcoxson‘s Plantagenet Embers series. I enjoyed spending my time with Margaret. I could not imagine the life she had in the lifelong fear she must have endured. The story is so well written that I found myself going to my computer to do searches to see if certain events really did happen.

This is a great read that I highly recommend and I look forward to read book 3 other series. 

5+ stars.

I purchased this book directly from the author. Therefore, I was not required to write a review. This review is 100 percent my own honest opinion.





Queen of Martyrs: The Story of Mary I

Blurb (from Amazon):

'God save the Queen! God save our good Queen Mary!'

When these words rang out over England, Mary Tudor thought her troubles were over. She could put her painful past - the loss of her mother and mistreatment at the hands of her father - behind her.

With her accession to the throne, Mary set out to restore Catholicism in England and find the love of a husband that she had long desired. But the tragedies in Mary's life were far from over. How did a gentle, pious woman become known as 'Bloody Mary'?

Step into Tudor England . . . .


My Review: 

Queen of Martyrs: The Story of Mary I is book 3 from the Plantagenet Embers series. I can not tell how much I love this series and this one did not disappoint. I enjoyed seeing a new perspective of Queen Mary I. I learned more about her by reading this book. I actually liked her and felt sorry for her in this story.

Like the others in the series, Queen of Martyrs is well written and easy to read. I have no problem telling other readers about the series, without having to worry whether or not one would be offended by the language or explicit scenes.

A great and clean book and series. I highly recommend it.

5+ stars.

I purchased this book directly from the author. Therefore, I was not required to write a review. This review is 100 percent my own honest opinion.



Follow me on BloglovinFacebookPinterestTwitter, GFC or Email

No comments:

Post a Comment