Thursday, June 14, 2018

Review: Before I Saw You by Amy K Sorrells



Blurb (from Amazon):

Folks are dying fast as the ash trees in the southern Indiana town ravaged by the heroin epidemic, where Jaycee Givens lives with nothing more than a thread of hope and a quirky neighbor, Sudie, who rescues injured wildlife. After a tragedy leaves her mother in prison, Jaycee is carrying grief and an unplanned pregnancy she conceals because she trusts no one, including the kind and handsome Gabe, who is new to town and to the local diner where she works.

Dividing her time between the diner and Sudie’s place, Jaycee nurses her broken heart among a collection of unlikely friends who are the closest thing to family that she has. Eventually, she realizes she can’t hide her pregnancy any longer―not even from the baby’s abusive father, who is furious when he finds out. The choices she must make for the safety of her unborn child threaten to derail any chance she ever had for hope and redemption. Ultimately, Jaycee must decide whether the truest form of love means hanging on or letting go.




My Review:

Before I Saw You is quite an emotional read for me. Jaycee Givens has been through so much throughout their lifetime. She experiences more as a child than anyone should ever have to their entire lifetime. I enjoyed watching her grow in the book. She has to learn how to love, forgive, and trust again. Then ending was so heart wrenching but yet encouraging.

I give Before I Saw You 4 1/2 stars. Such a powerful and inspiring story of faith and hope.

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment