Sunday, November 1, 2020

Review: How Cancer Cured Me: Experiencing the Healing of Brokenness and Disease


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

Battling to beat cancer, finding a cure, and fighting to survive can become all-encompassing.

Like most people, when diagnosed with cancer, David only wanted physical healing. God had bigger plans and used David's cancer experience to heal many areas of brokenness in his life. By the time of his first cancer-free report, two years later, his life had been radically transformed.

In How Cancer Cured Me, David Gira, seasoned pastor and cancer survivor, shares fifteen ways God used his cancer experience, with all its challenges, to heal his life in addition to ultimately providing physical healing. The topics range from becoming more courageous to finding his get-up-and-go. David also writes about the ways God used the cancer journey to positively impact his most important relationships.

With refreshing honesty and humor, David tells his cancer story, shares inspiring stories of other cancer patients, and reflects on relevant Scripture.

How Cancer Cured Me brings together the author's theological training, pastoral experience, and his personal narrative. Cancer patients will find a helpful companion. Christians will be inspired by his testimony. The less religious will appreciate his approachable and authentic voice. All will enjoy his candor and humor.


My Review: 

David Gira has written quite the inspiring read in How Cancer Cured Me: Experiencing the Healing of Brokenness and Disease. I am currently dealing with lung cancer of a loved one. I read this book right at the right moment and is what I really needed right now. I admired David for being so truthful throughout the book. It is amazing how what he has been through, he was able to bring it all into a positive light. I did find myself being brought to tears at times. He really was able to speak to my heart. I found so much hope and faith within the pages. I wound up reading it in just a few hours and immediately began telling my loved ones about it.

How Cancer Cured Me: Experiencing the Healing of Brokenness and Disease is getting a well deserved five plus stars from me. I highly recommend it for readers who have been touched by cancer, specifically lung cancer. I believe it will bring as much comfort for them as it did for me.

I received How Cancer Cured Me: Experiencing the Healing of Brokenness and Disease from the author, but was not required to write a review. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews



NOVEMBER IS LUNG AWARENESS MONTH

No comments:

Post a Comment