Video Devotion featuring Dr. Phil Collins, general editor of the Abide Bible, a Bible designed around five methods of Scripture Engagement that will change the way you read Scripture. The 21 Days in John FREE Video Devotion also provides a free download of the book of John from the Abide Bible.
• The Abide Experience is FREE and includes 21 Video devotions delivered by email and a full download of the book of John from The Abide Bible!
• Transform your personal Bible devotions into intimate, ongoing conversations with God with various Scripture engagement approaches that keep Bible reading fresh and new. “Abide in Me.” John 15:4
Do you yearn for life-giving, intimate communion with God? The Abide Bible is de signed to help you experience the peace, hope, and growth that comes from encountering the voice and presence of God in Scripture. Every feature in Abide is de signed to teach and develop Scripture-engagement habits that help you know the power and spiritual nourishment of abiding in Christ.
• Created in partnership with Bible Gateway and the Taylor University Center for Scripture Engagement, The Abide Bible’s features include articles, book introductions, and practical Scripture engagement prompts based on five ways of engaging deeply with the Bible:
• Praying Scripture: Pattern your prayers after biblical texts, personalizing the prayer and gaining language for the thoughts and emotions you want to ex press.
• Picture It: Place yourself in a biblical narrative as a bystander or participant in important events.
• Journaling: Focus and reflect on Scripture and its meaning for your life, opening yourself to God’s voice as you ponder.
• Engage Through Art: Consider a classic piece of art—photograph, sculpture, painting—and let it deepen your meditations on scriptural truths.
• Contemplate: Follow the church’s longstanding practice of reading, meditating on, praying, and contemplating a passage of Scripture in order to experience God’s presence through the words of the Bible.
• Features include:
• Bible book introductions provide a concise overview of the background and historical context of the book about to be read
• 365 Day Bible Reading Plan guiding you through the entire Bible in a year
• Line-matched, single-column Scripture text for improved readability
• Smyth-sewn binding lays flat in your hand or on your desk
• Two satin ribbon markers allows you to easily navigate and keep track of where you were reading
• Easy-to-read 9-point NET Comfort Print
• Check out The Abide Experience: 21 Days in John, a FREE Video Devotion featuring Dr. Phil Collins, general editor of the Abide Bible, a Bible designed around five methods of Scripture Engagement that will change the way you read Scripture.
I was quite impressed with the Abide Bible (NET). I found that it was easy to read and have a better understanding as what the scriptures are saying. Within the margins of the pages, there are prompts for journaling, contemplating, imagining, prayer, and space for note taking if desired. Sprinkled throughout are pictures of beautiful works of art. I was interested in the 365-Day Bible-Reading Plan that gives me a good plan and an easy way on reading the whole Bible for the upcoming New Year. There are two satin ribbons that make it easy to find where I last left off reading in two different places. Each chapter begins with an Introduction, Historical and Literary Context, and Prepare. I really liked this version and found it to be a perfect replacement for my worn out Bible.
I am giving Abide Bible (NET) five plus stars. I believe it would make a perfect gift for this Christmas season and for any other day of the year.
I received a paperback copy of Abide Bible (NET) from the publisher, but was not required to write a positive review. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.
Many thanks to Thomas Nelson Bibles for providing a sample of the product for this review. Opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation.
1 copy of the Abide Bible (NET)
Leave a more than two word completed sentence telling me how excited you are to read the Abide Bible (NET). Don’t forget to leave your email address so I can contact you if you win.
Winner’s name will be drawn on December 1, 2022.
Giveaway is limited to US winners only.
Two word comments will be deleted and will not be entered into the giveaway.
Winners will have to reply to email that is sent to them to let them know that they have won within 24 hours. If no response, new winner’s name will be drawn and you forfeit the prize.