Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Review: Her Place in Time by Stephenia H McGee


Can love offer a new future…in the past?

A mysterious gown, unexpected courage, and a love that transcends time. 

Nursing student Lena Lowery faces a grim diagnosis and a dangerous surgery. On the cusp of the life-changing procedure, Lena stays at the Rosswood Plantation Bed and Breakfast for one last weekend with her mother. There in an antique armoire, Lena discovers a Civil War-era gown that holds an unimaginable cure…a trip back in time to when the house served as a hospital.

Confederate Sergeant Caleb Dockery lost his brother, his eye, and nearly his life. Stuck in a makeshift infirmary, he’s counting the days until he can return to duty…and seek revenge. When a stranger appears, he suspects she’s a spy. If he can’t return to duty and find the revenge he craves for his brother’s death, he can serve his country by stopping this traitor. But her nursing skills are saving lives, and her courage and independence stirs his heart. When Lena’s safety is threatened, Caleb must strain the loyalties that bind him or risk losing her forever. 

Caught between a future that holds no promises and a past that could offer new life, Lena must face an extraordinary decision. Should she return to her own time where her days are numbered? Or can she and Caleb find a love that stretches across time?

If you like historical romance with a twist, strong female characters, and heroes that transcend eras, you’ll love this journey through time that tests the limits of love. 

*Her Place in Time is set in the house from The Liberator Series, just prior to the start of Leveraging Lincoln. Fans of the series will enjoy seeing Annabelle and Peggy in this new novella. 

Bio for Stephenia H. McGee

Stephenia H. McGee writes stories of faith, hope, and healing set in the Deep South. After earning a degree in Animal and Dairy Sciences, she discovered her heart truly lies with the art of story. She put pen to page and never looked back. Visit her at www.StepheniaMcGee.com for books and updates.

Sign up for her newsletter for monthly giveaways and more, and get a FREE novel! Get yours instantly here: https://dl.bookfunnel.com/81eo2tc3lm



Social Media connections: 

Twitter: @StepheniaHMcGee
Pinterest: Stephenia H. McGee


My Review: 

Her Place in Time is my first introduction to Stephenia H McGee’s writing. I am not sure where I have been, but I have been missing out! I thought this novella was great! I love time travel stories and this one does not disappoint. I love Lena and Caleb’s story. I had to know what would happen with them and could not put the book down until I was finished. 

I give Her Place in Time five stars. Stephenia H McGee has found herself a new fan. I am looking forward to more of her work in the future. 

I highly recommend this novella! 

I received this book from the author. This review was 100% my own honest opinion.



Follow me on BloglovinFacebookPinterestTwitter, GFC, Etsy or Email

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the great review! I'm so glad you enjoyed Lena and Caleb's story!

    ReplyDelete