Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Review: The Road Home by Beverly Lewis



Blurb (from Amazon):

Sent from Michigan to Pennsylvania following the tragic death of her Amish parents, Lena Rose Schwartz grieves her loss and the separation from her nine siblings. Beside the fact that Lena has never been so far from home, she hasn't met the family she will now be living with. But worse than that is having to live apart from her close-knit brothers and sisters. How will they manage without her to care for them--especially six-year-old Chris? And will her new beau, Hans Bontrager, continue to court her despite the many miles between them?

Yet even as Lena Rose holds on to hope for a reunion with those she loves most, she discovers that Lancaster holds charms of its own. Is she willing to open her heart to new possibilities?



My Review: 

The Road Home is Beverly Lewis‘s latest Amish novel. Lena’s story starts off sad and tragic. I could never imagine what she has gone through with so much loss. She has to make so many difficult choices and learn how to live a new way of life. I was rooting for her happiness throughput. The story was slow at times but not enough to put the book down. I just had to know where Lena was going to next. 

I liked The Road Home and I give it four stars. I recommend this book for those who love clean, inspiring, Amish books. 

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.



Follow me on BloglovinFacebookPinterestTwitter, GFC, Etsy or Email

No comments:

Post a Comment