Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Review: The Heart of a King by Jill Eileen Smith


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

King Solomon was wealthy and wise beyond measure. He could--and did--have anything he wanted, including many women from many lands. But for all his wisdom, did he or the women in his life ever find what they searched for all of their lives?

In this engrossing novel, you'll find yourself whisked away to ancient Israel, where you'll meet Solomon and four of the women he loved: Naamah the desert princess, Abishag the shepherdess, Siti the daughter of a pharaoh, and Nicaula the queen of Sheba. As you experience the world of Solomon through his eyes and the eyes of these women, you'll ask yourself the ultimate question: Did Solomon's wisdom ultimately benefit him and those he loved . . . or did it betray them?




My Review: 

The Heart of a King is a collection of four novellas from Jill Nelson Smith’s The Loves of King Solomon series. It tells the stories of Naamah, Siti, Nicaula and Abishag. I loved this book. The details of the book made me feel as though I was right there taken back in time of the Kingdom of Israel in the presence of these admirable women and King Solomon.
I give The Heart of a King five plus stars and highly recommend it for readers who enjoy Biblical Fiction. It most definitely not a book to be missed this summer.
Great read!
I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment