Monday, July 18, 2022

Review: Fury in the Shadows by Rebecca Hemlock


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

She was an expert at catching the predator. She knew nothing about being the prey.

Social Worker Jessica Everett spends her days saving women from abusive relationships and is good at what she does. At least, she thought so until she became the only witness to the murder of a young woman she was supposed to protect. Becoming the killer's next target forces her to take them on with her bare hands. Barely escaping with her life, she’s running through the woods trying to escape the murderer when her ex-boyfriend, Michael Redman, shows up just in the nick of time.

Jessica has worked hard to forget their painful history and doesn’t want anything to do with him. However, Michael happens to be a Deputy Sheriff and the only one capable of protecting her.
She’s been told since childhood that God had a plan for her life. How was she supposed to believe that while on the run from a killer? Jessica doesn’t have the strength to free herself from the guilt she carries, so how is she supposed to have the strength to guard her heart against the man she never stopped loving?



My Review: 

I have enjoyed other books written by Rebecca Hemlock. In her newest release, Fury in the Shadows, her writing talents really shines through. I thought it was a really good book that kept me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. At times, I felt like I was on a thrilling roller coaster ride. I admired Jessica’s bravery and determination throughout. The addition of the faith element and inspiration within the pages was another plus. I loved it.

I am giving Fury in the Shadows four and a half stars. I recommend it for readers who enjoy reading clean Romantic Suspense. I look forward to more like this by Rebecca Hemlock in the future.

I received a digital copy of Fury in the Shadows from the author, but was not required to write a positive review. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment