Thursday, February 14, 2019

Release Day and Review: Atoning for Ashes by Kaitlin Covel


Atoning for Ashes by Kaitlin Covel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

Josie Chadwick dreams of marrying for love in Cornwall, England, but with her father's debt threatening to destroy all she holds dear, her romantic options are dwindling. When her elder sister Delia is disowned, Josie finds herself heiress of Chadwick Park, torn between dreams and duty. After sacrificing her heart to atone for Delia's sin, Josie clings to the hope she will learn to love a distant husband, whom she fears is incapable of requiting her affection.

Charles Radcliffe's heart has been scarred and hardened by rejection. He fears hurting his new bride, but his fears of betrayal and rejection are stronger, making it impossible for him to trust her love--let alone the love of her God.

As Josie and Charles face their new life together, ominous events warn of dark family secrets that could shatter them both. More than a loveless marriage is at stake if they cannot stand as one. Will they learn to trust God and each other before it's too late?




My Review: 

Atoning for Ashes is Kaitlin Covel’s debut novel. I thought it was a pretty good historical. It is full of adventure, action, romance, mystery, twists and turns. I never knew what would happen next that kept me wanting to keep turning the pages. I loved the various messages that I got from reading it.

I am giving Atoning for Ashes four and a half stars. I cannot wait to see where Miss Covel’s imagination will take her readers to next.

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment