Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Review: The White City by Grace Hitchcock

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

Mysterious Disappearances Taint the Chicago World’s FairStep into True Colors -- a new series of Historical Stories of Romance and American Crime

While attending the Chicago World’s Fair in 1893, Winnifred Wylde believes she witnessed a woman being kidnapped. She tries to convince her father, an inspector with the Chicago police, to look into reports of mysterious disappearances around the White City. Inspector Wylde tries to dismiss her claims as exaggeration of an overactive imagination, but he eventually concedes to letting her go undercover as secretary to the man in question—if she takes her pistol for protection and Jude Thorpe, a policeman, for bodyguard.

Will she be able to expose H. H. Holmes’s illicit activity, or will Winnifred become his next victim?




My Review:

The White City is quite an interesting read. I have read about H H Holmes and it was fascinating to see him part of a story in a fictional book. I enjoyed the suspense and mystery that surrounds Winnifred Wylde. I had no problem reading this whole book in just a few hours. 

I am giving The White City a well deserved five plus stars. I can not wait to find out where Grace Hitchcock’s imagination takes the reader in her next release. 

I received this book from the publisher, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion. 


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment