Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Review: Stories and Places I Remember: A Collection of Short Stories by Joe Giordano




Blurb: 

Humorous and poignant, Stories and Places I Remember will take you around the world from the streets of Brooklyn to the beaches of Rio de Janeiro.

Meet Anthony in 1950s and 1960s Brooklyn, then journey with a host of other delightful, contemporary characters portrayed in twenty-six tales set in New York, Texas, Brazil, Greece, Ireland, the Middle East, and Italy that will tickle your wanderlust.

Joe Giordano was born in Brooklyn. His father and grandparents immigrated to New York from Italy. He and his wife Jane now live in Texas.


As a former 3M International Executive Vice President, Joe experienced the global cultures and locations he writes about.


Joe’s stories have appeared in more than one hundred magazines including The Saturday Evening Post, and Shenandoah. His novel, Birds of Passage, An Italian Immigrant Coming of Age Story (2015), and Appointment with ISIL, an Anthony Provati Thriller (2017) were published by Harvard Square Editions. Rogue Phoenix Press published Drone Strike in 2019.


Joe was among one hundred Italian American authors honored by Barnes & Noble to march in the 2017 Manhattan, Columbus Day Parade.


Visit Joe’s website at http://joe-giordano.com/




My Review: 


I found Stories and Places I Remember: A Collection of Short Stories by Joe Giordano to be a fun read. I was entertained from start to finish. I enjoyed every single story. The over twenty five stories were a delight to read. I laughed out loud at times and warmed my heart at others. It was great to read. 


I am giving Stories and Places I Remember: A Collection of Short Stories four and a half stars. I would love to read more like his by Mr. Giordano in the future. I recommend it for readers who need some good laughs. 


I received this book from the author, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment