Friday, August 27, 2021

Review: Under the Bayou Moon by Valerie Fraser Lusesse


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

Restless with the familiarity of her Alabama home, Ellie Fields accepts a teaching job in a tiny Louisiana town deep in bayou country. Though rightfully suspicious of outsiders, who have threatened both their language and their culture, most of the people in tiny Bernadette, Louisiana, come to appreciate the young and idealistic schoolteacher as a boon to the town. She's soon teaching just about everyone--and coming up against opposition from both the school board and a politician with ulterior motives.

Acclimating to a whole new world, Ellie meets a lonely but intriguing Cajun fisherman named Raphe who introduces her to the legendary white alligator that haunts these waters. Raphe and Ellie have barely found their way to each other when a huge bounty is offered for the elusive gator, bringing about a shocking turn of events that will test their love and their will to right a terrible wrong.

A master of the Southern novel, Valerie Fraser Luesse invites you to enter the sultry swamps of Louisiana in a story that illuminates the struggle for the heart and soul of the bayou.



My Review: 

I have enjoyed reading books by Valerie Fraser Luesse in the past. I was excited to have the opportunity to read her newest release, Under the Bayou Moon, and I was far from disappointed. I loved this book. It is probably among one of my favorites I have read for this year. It was great being transported back in time to Louisiana. I found Raphe and Ellie’s story to be a unique and it was refreshing to read something with a different plot line. It was intriguing to learn more about the Cajun culture, as well. I loved every single page of this book.

Under the Bayou Moon will be getting a very well deserved five plus stars. I highly recommend it for readers who enjoy reading clean historical fiction. Like always, I will be looking forward to reading more by Valerie Fraser Luesse in the future.

I received a paperback copy of a Under the Bayou Moon from the publisher, but was not required to write a positive review. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment