Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Review: Engaging Deception by Regina Jennings


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

Olive Kentworth has spent her life hiding her interest in architecture, even though she pores over architectural books and sketches buildings. When she accepts a job on a home expansion, it's only because her cousin Amos agrees to pose as the builder. To further hide her involvement, Olive takes a position as a nanny--not knowing that she'll be working for her idol, Joplin's leading architect, widower Maxfield Scott.

Maxfield is intrigued by his new nanny--she makes his home and his life bearable again. His work, on the other hand, is a disaster. An untrained builder is remodeling a completed project of his. What's worse, Maxfield's current client wants changes to his plans because of that builder's work.

As the architectural one-upmanship heats up, Olive's involvement becomes harder to hide. Will the relationship between her and Maxfield survive, or will they both miss out on building something for their future?



My Review: 

Engaging Deception is the third installment from Regina Jennings’ delightful series, The Joplin Chronicles. Even though this is part of a series, it can still be read as a stand alone. I loved the first two books from the series, Courting Misfortune and Proposing Mischief, and was far from being disappointed reading this one. It was such an amusing tale that had my giggling throughout and my heart warmed with Olive and Maxfield’s story. Such a wonderfully written book that is amusing and inspiring. Loved it.

I am giving Engaging Deception a very well deserved five plus stars. I highly recommend it for readers who enjoy reading clean and fun historical romance. As always, I am eagerly awaiting to find out what else Regina Jennings has in store for her readers and characters in her upcoming releases.

I received a paperback copy of Engaging Deception from the publisher, but was not required to write a review, nor a positive one. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment