Monday, April 29, 2019

Review: The Inn at Hidden Run by Olivia Newport


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

A Father-Daughter Genealogy Team Link Present to Past on Family Trees

Meri's family has been producing doctors for so many generations that no one remembers why, so when she flunks out of medical school, she runs as far from her parents as she can get. In the small mountain town of Canyon Mines, Colorado, she takes a job at the Inn at Hidden Run B&B. And waits. It's only a matter of time.


What she doesn't count on is genealogist Jillian Parisi-Duffy and her father, Nolan, having her back when it takes everything she has not to bolt again but to stay and face the truth that only unfolding her family's history will reveal. While Nolan works on keeping Meri calm--and in town--Jillian pulls out of her gems of information she doesn't know she has and arranges the puzzle pieces.

But none of that changes the fact that Meri's family is closing in to haul her back to her "real" life. When their arrival inflames tensions and Meri finally does bolt, Nolan and Jillian may be out of time.



My Review: 

The Inn at Hidden Run is the first installment from Olivia Newport’s new series, Tree of Life. I have other books by her in the past and this one is by far my favorite. As a genealogist myself, I loved the story line.

I give The Inn at Hidden Run five stars. I look forward to the next addition to the Tree of Life series.

I recommend this one to other readers.

I received this book from the publisher, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment