Monday, April 22, 2019

Review: The Rogue Hearts Series by Donna Hatch

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

When her parents and twin brother die within weeks of each other, Alicia and her younger sister are left in the hands of an uncle who has brought them to financial and social ruin. Desperate to save her family from debtor's prison, Alicia vows to marry the first wealthy man to propose. She meets the dashing Lord Amesbury, and her heart whispers this is the gentleman she is destined to love, but his tainted past may forever stand in their way. Her choices in potential husbands narrow to a scarred cripple with the heart of a poet, or a handsome rake with a deadly secret. 

Cole Amesbury is tormented by his own ghosts and believes he is beyond redemption, yet he cannot deny his attraction for the girl whose genuine goodness touches the heart he'd thought long dead. He fears the scars in his soul cut so deeply that he may never be able to offer Alicia a love that is true. When yet another bizarre mishap threatens her life, Alicia suspects the seemingly unrelated accidents that have plagued her loved ones are actually a killer's attempt to exterminate every member of her family. Despite the threat looming over her, learning to love the stranger she married may pose the greatest danger...to her heart. And Cole must protect Alicia from the killer who has been exterminating her family before she becomes the next target. 



My Review: 

The Stranger She Married is the start of Donna Hatch’s series, Rogue Hearts. I enjoyed this book. It has a lot I love to read in a story: romance, history, mystery, suspense and lessons on overcoming grief, how to forgive, and redeeming oneself. I admired Alicia‘s strength, bravery, and determination. I thought her and Cole had perfect chemistry together.

I give The Stranger She Married five stars. I look forward to continuing the Rogue Hearts series. 

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my honest opinion. 




My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

Though her heart longs for adventure, Elise strives to be a perfect English lady within the stifling confines of society for the sake of her impressionable young son. Her quiet world is shattered when she meets the impulsive and scandalous Jared Amesbury. His roguish charm awakens her yearning for adventure. But his irrepressible grin and sea-green eyes hide a secret. A gentleman by day, a pirate by night, Jared must complete one last assignment for the Secret Service before he can be truly free. Elise gives him hope that he, too, can find love and belonging. His hopes are crushed when his best laid plans go awry and Elise is dragged into his world of violence and deceit. She may not survive the revelation of Jared's past...or still love him when the truth is revealed. 

This romantic story of loss and betrayal, forgiveness and redemption, and strangers marrying, will leave you laughing, crying, and swooning. Sprinkled liberally with suspense, mystery, and heart-melting kisses, this is not your ordinary historical tale of an arranged marriage nor of redeeming the rakes. Fans of Victorian and Regency Eras as well as those seeking clean and wholesome romance with plenty of chemistry will love this story!



My Review: 

The second installment from Donna Hatch's Rogue Hearts series, The Guise of a Gentleman, is a great read. This clean romance includes, mystery and suspense, that will, also, toy with a reader’s emotions. I found myself giggling at times and being brought to tears at other times. I loved Jared and Elise’s story.

The Guise of a Gentleman gets five stars from me. I can not wait to read the third addition from the Rogue Hearts series.

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion. 




My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Blurb:

Desperate to protect her father from trial and death, Genevieve breaks off her engagement with Christian Amesbury and marries a blackmailer. After a year of marriage, she flees her husband's violent domination only to have fate bring her back to Christian. Just when she thinks she's started a new life of safety and solitude, her husband tracks her down, stalks her, and threatens everyone she loves.

Still brokenhearted over Genevieve's betrayal a year ago, Christian can't believe she's come back into his life--and worse, that she's done it on the anniversary of his brother's death, a death that haunts him. Though tempted to throw her back into the river where he found her, he can't leave her at the mercy of the terrifying man she married.

When her husband torments Genevieve and puts the Amesbury family in danger, Christian will do anything to protect those he loves...anything except give Genevieve another chance to break his heart. 



My Review:

A Perfect Match, the third book from Donna Hatch’s Rogue Hearts series, is an exciting addition to the series. I enjoyed Genevieve and Christian’s story. The suspense kept me on the edge of my seat and I had to keep reading on until I finished the whole book.

I am giving A Perfect Match five stars. I am looking forward to the fourth installment from the Rogue Hearts series. Readers who enjoy clean historical romance will love this one.

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion. 




My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb:

Determined to help her father with his political career, Jocelyn sets aside dreams of love. When she meets the handsome and mysterious Grant Amesbury, her dreams of true love reawaken. But his secrets put her family in peril. 

Grant goes undercover to capture conspirators avowed to murder the prime minister, but his only suspect is the father of a courageous lady who is growing increasingly hard to ignore. He can’t allow Jocelyn to distract him from the case, nor will he taint her with his war-darkened soul. She seems to see past the barriers surrounding his heart, which makes her all the more dangerous to his vow of remaining forever alone. 

Jocelyn will do anything to clear her father’s name, even if that means working with Grant. Time is running out. The future of England hangs in the balance...and so does their love. 



My Review:

The Suspect’s Daughter is the fourth installment from Donna Hatch’s series, Rogue Hearts. This is my favorite of the series to date. I felt a connection to Jocelyn right the start. I loved it when she was Grant. The action, adventure, mystery, suspense and romance were a perfect combination to the story.

I give The Suspect’s Daughter five plus stars. I am excited to find out that there is a fifth book in the Rogue Hearts series. I can not wait to find out what happens next.

Great read!

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my honest opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment