Monday, January 27, 2020

Review: On Wings of Devotion by Roseanna M. White

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb:

All of England thinks Phillip Camden a monster--a man who deliberately caused the deaths of his squadron. But as nurse Arabelle Denler watches the so-dubbed "Black Heart" every day, she sees something far different: a hurting man desperate for mercy. And when their paths twist together and he declares himself her new protector, she realizes she has her own role to play in his healing.

Phillip Camden would have preferred to die that day with his squadron rather than be recruited to the Admiralty's codebreaking division. The threats he receives daily are no great surprise and, in his opinion, well deserved. What comes as a shock is the reborn desire to truly live that Arabelle inspires in him.

But when an old acquaintance shows up and seems set on using him in a plot that has the codebreakers of Room 40 in a frenzy, new affections are put to the test.




My Review: 

On Wings of Devotion, book two from The Codebreakers by Roseanna M White is now my favorite book I have read by her to date. Even though it is part of a series, I believe it can be read as a stand alone. The historical details were so vivid in this one, I felt like I was part of the story. I loved the chemistry between the two main characters, Arabelle and Camden. The plot has a lot I love in a book: adventure, romance, suspense and faith. I could not ask for much more than that.

I give On Wings of Devotion five plus stars. I look forward to book three from The Codebreakers to see what will happen next.

I received this book from the author, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment