Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Review: An Uncommon Woman by Laura Frantz

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

Unflinching and plainspoken, Tessa Swan is not your typical 18th-century woman. Born and bred on the western Virginia frontier along with her five brothers, she is a force to be reckoned with.

Quiet and courageous, Clay Tygart is not your typical 18th-century man. Raised by Lenape Indians, he returns a hero from the French and Indian War to the fort that bears his name, bringing with him Tessa's long-lost friend, Keturah, a redeemed Indian captive like himself.

Determined to avoid any romantic entanglements as fort commander, Clay remains aloof whenever he encounters the lovely Tessa. But when she is taken captive by the tribe Clay left, his hand--and heart--are forced, leading to one very private and one very public reckoning.

Intense, evocative, and laced with intricate historical details that bring the past to life, An Uncommon Woman will transport you to the picturesque and dangerous western Virginia mountains of 1770.




My Review: 

An Uncommon Woman is yet another reason why Laura Frantz is one of my all time favorite and must read authors. It was great to be taken back in time to the eighteenth century, early American history. I felt like I was right there living the adventures and struggles Clay and Tessa were experiencing.

An Uncommon Woman is getting a very well deserved five plus stars from me. Readers who love Revolutionary War era novels will not want to miss this one.

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment