Friday, October 9, 2020

Review: A Portrait of Loyalty by Roseanna M White


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

Zivon Marin was one of Russia's top cryptographers, until the October Revolution tore apart his world. Forced to flee after speaking out against Lenin and separated from his brother along the way, he arrives in England driven by a growing anger and determined to offer his services to the Brits.

Lily Blackwell sees the world best through the lens of a camera--and possesses unsurpassed skill when it comes to retouching and recreating photographs. With her father's connections in propaganda, she's recruited to the intelligence division, even though her mother would disapprove.

After Captain Blackwell invites Zivon to dinner one evening, a friendship blooms between him and Lily. He sees patterns in what she deems chaos; she sees beauty in a world he thought destroyed. But both have secrets they're unwilling to share. When her photographs reveal that someone has been following Zivon, his loyalties are called into question--and his enemies are discovered to be far closer than he'd feared.
 



My Review: 

A Portrait of Loyalty continues Roseanna M White’s The Codebreakers series. This third installment from the series is probably my favorite of the three. Even though this is part of a series, I think it is safe that it can be read as a stand alone. I loved every single page of this story from start to finish. It has a lot I love reading in a story. Which includes: history, mystery, suspense, adventure, faith and teaching some very important lessons. It was so very good.

I am giving The Portrait of Loyalty a very well deserved five plus stars. I highly recommend this one, as well as, the rest of The Codebreakers series, for readers who enjoy a clean and inspirational historical fiction.

I received The Portrait of Loyalty from the author, but was not required to write a review. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment