Saturday, October 31, 2020

Review: Softly Blows the Bugle by Jan Drexler


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

When Elizabeth Kaufman received the news of her husband's death at the Battle of Vicksburg in 1863, she felt only relief. She determined that she would never be at the mercy of any man again, even if it meant she would never have a family of her own. Then Aaron Zook comes home with her brother when the war ends two years later.

Despite the severity of his injuries, Aaron resolves to move West and leave the pain of the past behind him. He never imagined that the Amish way of life his grandfather had rejected long ago would be so enticing. That, and a certain widow he can't get out of his mind.

Yet, even in a simple community, life has a way of getting complicated. Aaron soon finds that while he may have left the battlefield behind, there is another fight he must win--the one for the heart of the woman he loves.
Welcome back to the Amish community at Weaver's Creek, where the bonds of family and faith bind up the brokenhearted



My Review: 

I had the pleasure of reading the first two books from Jan Drexler’s series, The Amish of Weaver’s Creek. I really enjoyed them both and the third installment, Softly Blows the Bugle, does not disappoint. This one is by far my favorite of the series. Even though it is part of a series, I believe readers can read each book as a stand alone. I loved getting to know Elizabeth and Aaron. They were great characters. I enjoyed the twists that I did not see coming. I could not predict what would happen next in the following scenes.

I am giving The Amish of Weaver’s Creek a very well deserved five plus stars. I highly recommend it for readers who enjoy clean Historical Amish Fiction. I thought it was a great read.

I received The Amish of Weaver’s Creek from the publisher. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment