Friday, November 9, 2018

Review: Caught by Surprise by Jen Turano


Blurb (from Amazon):

Miss Temperance Flowerdew is on her way to work when a stranger suddenly grabs her off the street and sends her on a Chicago-bound train before she can figure out what happened.

When Mr. Gilbert Cavendish is called upon to rescue a missing woman, he follows the trail to Chicago only to discover that the woman is his good friend Temperance. Before they can discover who was behind the abduction, they're seen alone together by a New York society matron, putting their reputations at risk.

Gilbert is willing to propose marriage--except Temperance will have none of it. She's finally stepped out of the shadow of her relations and won't give up her independence. But when it becomes clear the misunderstanding in Chicago has escalated into a threat on her life and followed her to New York, accepting Gilbert's help in solving the mystery may lead to more than she ever could have dreamed.



My Review: 

Caught by Surprise is book three from Apart From the Crowd series. I believe this one is my favorite of the series. Temperance and Gilbert were great together. The book made me laugh so hard at times. What a delightful story. 

I give Caught by Surprise a well deserved five plus stars. I can not wait to find out where else Jen Turano's imagination takes her readers to next. 

I highly recommend Caught by Surprise. 


I received this book from the publisher, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment